Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
This is one of my favorite muffin recipes. Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins. My kids love muffins for breakfast and I love the ease of an easy breakfast to clean up on busy mornings. I also love that I can make them the night before, and I always double the recipe so there's enough for two days.
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 ripe bananas
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease or line 12 muffin cups.
2. Place the egg, sugar, milk, canola oil, vanilla and mashed bananas into a mixing bowl or stand mixer. Mix with hand mixer or stand mixer for 2-3 minutes, or until smooth.
3. Add the unsweetened cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl or stand mixer. Mix until batter is smooth, about 3 minutes. Remove the bowl from the stand mixer or set aside the hand mixer. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
4. Fill the muffin cups about 2/3 full with the batter. (I use an ice cream scoop.)
5. Bake at 350 for 16-18 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.